Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tsz Ching LEE / My attitude toward writing / Tues 3-4

Writing is like one of my good friends who are willing to listen to what my feelings inside of my mind even the trivial matters.

 

When I was in the primary school and secondary school, teachers requested us to submit a "thoughts of the week" weekly, which includes the trivial matters happened around us.  I didn't understand what's the point of writing that kind of text could improve my writing skill as I've been always thinking about writing is to write something elegant with using loads of high-level vocabulary.

 

However, as time goes by, it changed my mind, and even turned into a habit of mine. By started living alone after moved to other countries, I found how important does writing is. Fitting into a foreign country does take times, especially in a country like Korea where you don't speak the language they used to speak. And sometimes we need friends you can share your thoughts and feeling to them comfortably. I had a hard time throughout the first year after I came to Korea. So many things have to deal with all the times, such as the living problem like visa matters, or something mental like the struggle with whether a good decision to keep learning Korean in a serious way, which I still think about this sometimes. I always take my notebook with me, it's pretty good I can just find a place to sit down and write down all my thoughts in the moment. It's not only an internal conversation between me and my mind, but also a record of my experience. It's like witness to my growth and how did I overcome the difficulties. Though I can't deny how important to write elegant, but I also enjoy writing my trivial life matters as well.


2 comments:

  1. 201003223 Haeung Jung EIT

    I agreed your expression that writing is like friend who listen to my feelings.
    I also lived alone, so sometimes I wrote diary to express my feeling to my friend(Writing). I envy you that writing get to be your habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tae-Hwan Park 201301467

    That was a very interesting story. Yes I can see how writing might help you deal with stress and sometimes I find that helpful too.

    ReplyDelete