Friday, September 19, 2014

Haeung Jung / My attitude toward writing / Tues 3-4

Writing brought several feelings to me. I mean it is both favorite and hateful thing to me. First I like writing. When I was in the military, I used to write letters to my family and friends. I also wrote diary every night. Writing was a way to express my feeling (diary) and connecting the world. (letter). So at that time I really loved writing. It gave me pleasure.

But after finishing military, I took many classes and naturally got lots of assignments. There were various assignments such as presentation or quiz. But the majority of assignment was, of course, writing. Writing didn't give me pleasure any more, but headache. I had to choose a topic, find many resources and build structure. I felt it was like a work.

But by writing at class, I can learn about formal type of writing. Sometimes I can get a comment from professor and classmate. Through it, I can know my mistakes and bad habits of writing. My writing skills can be developed. Frankly, I couldn't get this effect in writing diary or letter. So I try to change my attitude toward class writing. This semester I'm going to have a positive attitude toward writing.

2 comments:

  1. Gui Hwan, Kim 201100278
    Yay! I am the first one to write a comment. I feel the same way about writing most of the time. I really agree to what you said about writing letters and a diary during military service. I rarely write, but when I wan in basic training, I wrote at lease one letter every night. It was a good way to relieve stress and fatigue. You brought my fun memories from my time in the military.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love writing for friends and family as well! I joined a group event before which by sending postcard to someone you don't know from different countries, and at the same time you may receive a postcard from another person as well, it can definitely get the world connected by writing like you said! I also admire your willingness on improving your writing skill and taking real action, just go for it :)

    Tsz Ching LEE

    ReplyDelete