Saturday, September 20, 2014

Choi Yun/ My Attitude toward Writing / Tues 34


 

 

  I usually write in mainly two cases: when I am suffering from emotional distress and when I have a writing assignment. Except for these circumstances, I hardly write. First of all, I write when I have a great mental anguish. My mental anguish could be relationship, studies, course and all that sort of things. Writing in this circumstance works as a compass to overcome my problem. It helps me to realistically analyze the situation and to chill out. For example, when I am burning with anger because of certain problem, writing allows me to take a step backward and objectively solve the problem. Thus, I like writing in rocky time which makes me rational. In addition, I write when I have a writing assignment. Writing in this situation is usually burdensome because not only it is challenging but also it is often regulated with many frames and limitations made by professor. Also, what I hate the most is that what I write becomes subject of appraisal. For these irritating reasons, I cannot enjoy and I even dislike doing writing assignments.

           Since I only write in those two cases, I lack writing experience. However, whenever I write I gets pretty high grade, which means I am quite a good writer. Although I am reluctant to write, I also think that I have a fair chance to be an excellent writer. That is because I read a lot so I have abundant knowledge which can be quality ingredients in writing. And also, I am logical.

However, to be a better writer and to fully enjoy writing, wide writing experiences are urgently needed to me. Through this course, I hope I could have great opportunities to write a lot and to be a better writer.

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I can't agree more with what your attitudes toward writing, my attitudes are not very good, either. Like you've said, I only write given assignments, so I didn't have any chance to write in English before. However, the difference between you and me is that you are a good writier and I'm not. So I envy you with that. Maybe I should read a lot and learn from it from now on. -201300489 Bo-won Kim-

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also write when myself is suffering from emotional distress. For example, when I get depressed by some unpredictalbe and unhappy instances, I take out my laptop computer and start to write my true feelings. Only I can see what I wrote so I feel very comfortable to write. Anyway I could empathize with your essay :)

    -Jihee Won-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It is amazing that you are a good writer even though you haven't had a lot of experience with writing! Good for you!! I hope you and I both become great writers by the end of the semester and be proud of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete