Saturday, September 20, 2014

Han Gyul Kim/My attitude toward writing/Tues 3-4

201200909 Han Gyul Kim


 I don't usually write except assignments, but I enjoy writing. What I like the most in the writing is choosing expressions. This is the same reason I like translation. I love the moment when I find the exact word that fits into the context, though I'm not good at it very much.


 But that's only when I write for myself. It's quite unpleasant to show my writings to others and that's why I don't like writing assignments. Also my writing is not good, so that I'm embarrassed when others read my writings. I think this feeling originates from my childhood experience, when a teacher made fun of me with my writing in front of other students. It was a terrible and traumatic event that still affects me.


 But I'm trying to overcome. I have avoided all writing classes since I entered HUFS. This is my first writing class in this school. When I heard that there is a peer review in this class, I thought of dropping it because it's always better for me to minimize the viewers of my writing. But I know I can't put off the things I have to learn forever, so I choose to face the challenge.


I'll try to enjoy the class and hold positive mind through the semester. I hope to improve my writings and reduce errors and mistakes. I know this is a good chance to overcome my trauma. It would be helpful to see other's writings and there would be a lot to learn from them.

2 comments:

  1. Your story is interesting. Yes, I partly agree with you about showing my writings to others. Showing my writings to others makes me nervous because I do not know what others will think about my writings. However, I still think showing my writings to others and getting feedbacks from them is a good activity since I can know my errors and learn new things. So I hope you can overcome your trauma and have confidence about your writing!

    201301616 Yujeong Suh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gui Hwan Kim 201100278
    Your feelings towards writing, especially translating is some what different and same as me. I also love it when I find the exact word or expression. Like I said in my blog, I tend to spend too much time on one word or expression. But the feeling when you get when you find that great expression feels awesome. Dont be embarrassed when you show your writing. We are all in taking this class to improve writing. Lets work hard to improve our writing.~

    ReplyDelete