Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tae-Hwan Park / My attitude toward writing / Tues 3-4

I have a fairly neutral feeling when it comes to writing but, I cannot lie that it leans more to a negative side. One of my earliest memories of writing was when I was in fifth grade. I had to write a story which I really did not want to do so I ended up writing a really bad story about a gladiator. My plot was so horrible because I made the story up as I was writing and after I was done never even checked my grade when I got my paper back. However, when I was in fourth grade I wrote a poem about pain which was very praised by a lot of people, so not all memories were bad. In my first year of university I wrote about the amphibious landing on D-day during the Second World War which I got a perfect score. After this event I learned that my feelings toward any writing would be determined by the fact of if I have an interest in the topic or not.
Writing came naturally for me I never took an easy class or never took any time practicing how to write. Most of all my writing experiences were homework as my environment ever made me see why I would need to perfect my writing. My general attitude when writing is to please myself than my teachers so I would write about something I like as a result, I end up writing very debated issues while expressing my thoughts very clearly which normally offends at least one out of every five who read it.

2 comments:

  1. 201300476 Byungwook Kim EIT
    The first sentence shows interesting structures. First you say you seem to have neutral feelings towards writing, but right after that you reveal your true feelings, which is a nice way to begin your writing.

    I am also happy for you that you often come across those who dislike your ideas in your writing, because that proves that you have your own ideas and standards.

    Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed your writing, and I hope to do so in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Similar to my case, some bad or good memories about writing have formed your attitude toward writing. In my case, a few praises and awards made me lean more to a positive side. I think your writing is generally based on your emotions. You would just as soon balance when the emotions should be reflected on your writing and when it doesn't. I hope you enjoy writing more! -Suhan Lee

    ReplyDelete