Sunday, September 21, 2014

Soohee Oh / My Attitudes towards Writing / Tues 11-1

I have mixed feelings about writing. I like to write for myself. For letters or personal journals, my writing would not be evaluated or criticized by other people. Also, they are more about delivering my feelings rather than persuading other people with my logical arguments. Therefore, I feel less pressure and more confidence and freedom.

However, if I were to write for schools, especially within a limited time, I usually get nervous and lose confidence due to the time pressure. Not only the time pressure but also the judges for my writing such as my teacher will put more pressure on the content and logics in my writing. Then it gets harder for me to come up with creative ideas and organize them before I actually start writing. In the end, I would just go with general, boring ideas that everyone can write about. If writing at school could be more fun, I would have positive attitudes towards writing. 

2 comments:

  1. It is true that sometimes writing for schools and classes can be boring. And the formalities I have to keep feel like they are regulating my ideas. But I think it won't be so hard if you don't put too much pressure on yourself. Think about only writing what's in your mind, and think about the scores and teachers later. It helps me a lot.

    Lee Jong-ho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that pressure makes writing harder. I also get more and more nervous when the due date is coming. It’s really hard to shake the pressure off.

    201200909 Han Gyul Kim

    ReplyDelete