Saturday, September 20, 2014

Jieun Kim/ My Attitude Towards Writing/ Tues 3-4

I like to write. I like writing even more when I am familiar with the subject. I have been writing in English since I was in elementary school. I started writing English journals. At first, it was because a school assignment. It was not mandatory, but students who wrote a lot would be given an award. Therefore, I started writing in summer vacation. Fortunately, I was in the United States with my aunt that time, so it was easier to write English journals. Also, I won an award. I think since then, English writing was a part of my life. I do not write English journals any more, but as I went to middle school, I started writing essays because I was studying for the TOEFL. I studied until I was in 12th grade. Meanwhile, I have written hundreds of essays because at the academy, I was supposed to write minimum two essays per week. In short, I had a lot of experience in writing. However, as I entered College, there was not much experience to write. Therefore, I registered this class in order to improve my skills into a higher level.

           I believe that writing is important because it is the best way to express emotions or opinions that are hard to be said. I believe that almost everyone could agree that it is easier to write 'I love you' to our parents than saying it directly. Thus, writing makes a person become honest without the need to be shy or uncertain. For this reason, I believe that practicing to become a great writer is a vital job that everyone should try to achieve. Even though, sometimes it is hard to find ideas and organize them, but I still enjoy writing, and I will continue to write even in the far future.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't know you wrote that much. Impressive. I look forward to your work in the semester! And maybe writing is a lot easier to express yourself, but wouldn't saying it directly to someone have a lot more meaning? Just a thought. My thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is impressive that you have had so many experiences about writing in English, because English writing is still uncomfortable for me. Your story motivates me to spend more time writing in English! Thanks for wonderful writing! -Suhan Lee

    ReplyDelete