Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bo-won Kim/ My Attitudes toward Writing/Tues 3-4

My Attitudes toward Writing

201300489 Bo-won Kim

 

 Simply put it, my attitudes toward English is not very good since I'm not good at writing in English. I know I have to improve my writing skills, but at the same time I'm afraid of writing and it's been years I haven't tried it. The problem not only ends here because I hate writing in Korean as well. This is all because I don't like to and am not good at thinking deeply about the given topic. Also I'm not good at organizing my thoughts which is an organization or dividing into paragraphs in writing. Like what is written on the examples of students' attitudes toward writing, I can relate myself to student B. I can't organize my thoughts or ideas and put it into words and I have trouble thinking of topics I have to write about. It makes my head hurt.

 Basically, I lack in confidence of writing in English. But, I had comforted myself by saying this can be accepted since I haven't learned writing before. However, when I looked around, there were tons of students who haven't learned English writing before but not lack in confidence in writing, not like me. This changed my thinking of avoiding writing into facing it and just trying it. These are the reason why I took this class. I can't avoid writing forever. I have to change my attitudes into good ones. However, it will take quite a long time since this attitude I have right now is what I have had since I was young. But I think it's quite meaningful that I'm trying it.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Awww.. It's so sad to hear that you don't have confidence in writing. But as you know, not everyone is good at writing. So have faith in yourself. You're the BEST!!
    -JEK

    ReplyDelete