Saturday, October 11, 2014

First Draft/ My friend Jung-Hyun/ Jihee Won Tues34

Oh, thank you god! I finally got accepted to HUFS! After one more year of studying to enter university, I became a freshman of Arabic department. And it was at orientation when I first met my friend Jung-Hyun. We only knew each other's phone number because we exchanged our numbers on internet club for freshmen. There were six friends, including me and her, who became closer by Kakaotalk group chatting because we had one thing in common: entering university one year later than normal because we studied one more year for entrance exam.



On the way to the orientation, I was a little bit afraid to meet new friends. Though we had lots of conversations on mobile messengers, we didn't see each other before and it's first time we introduce ourselves face to face! We promised to meet in advance at school cafeteria before the orientation starts. It was me who arrived first and I asked others where they are : suddenly I got a phone call from Jung-Hyun. "Jihee, this is Jung-Hyun. I almost arrived and what kind of clothes are you wearing because I cannot find you!" I was wearing black coat and also dyed my hair blonde at that time. Before ending the call, I saw a girl approaching to me and that was her. While waiting for others, we became friendlier because both of us were very talkative. When all of us met, we ordered pork cutlets for lunch. We talked about our expectations in this university.



After the orientation, we had after parties to welcome freshmen with seniors. Jung-Hyun and I were in same group during the party and we found a surprising thing in common between us! We were born on same day, March 31th! We screamed in surprise!



Time passed, and our first semester in university began. Among six of us, Jung-Hyun was the only one who lived in Imun-dong, near the back gate of school. As it was the first semester, we got really tired after Arabic classes. Three hours of grammar classes were too harsh for us! After class, we used to go her house and sleep before time for dinner. Usually, she made dinner for us and we headed to subway station after having dinner made by her. She was good at cooking rolled omelet, noodle, and oil pasta. Also she prepared various kinds of foods which she invented and treated us. Happy to have such a great cook as my friend!

She also loves reading comic books and watching dramas. When I visited her house, she was always watching new dramas that I didn't see before. "You were watching Game of thrones last week, didn't you?" "Yes, I was but now I had finished it and now watching Attack of Titans since yesterday. Sit here and let's watch it together". Her hobby continued though it was midterm examination period. We watched dramas for hours and slept until the alarm clock rang. Hearing the alarm, we got up and packed our bags to go to school library. Sometimes I thought spending hours like this during the exam period was not appropriate behavior but I don't regret it because we really had fun!

Both of us like drinking. When we were taking summer vacation classes, we drank with other friends one day. We made jokes and acted like fool and friends giggled at us. After hours, I was too drunk and couldn't walk to subway station. So Jung-Hyun and I took taxi and went to her house. The next morning I woke up, I was wearing her pajama. I told her I have no recollection of changing my clothes. She told me that she changed my clothes and freshly laundered my clothes before I woke up. I was touched by my friend's kindness. She also loves to share her goods with friends. She used to work as a part-timer in cosmetic shop, and when she got new lipsticks or cosmetic creams from the store, she always gave some of them to me as a gift.

There is a saying that "Joy is doubled and sadness is halved when shared". We were always together when we were having fun; however she was also next to me in the gloomiest times. When I had a big argument with my parents last winter, without thinking where to go, I just stepped out of my house. I called Jung-Hyun if it is ok for her to stay with. I didn't have any money in my hand because I didn't get allowances from parents. Without hesitance, she said yes. When I arrived at her house, she already prepared meals for me. After dinner, she bought bottles of beer and I told about the reason why I had such a big argument with my parents. She listened without a word and made sincere comments for me. We watched a movie together and I felt more relaxed. The next day, she had to go back to her home in In-cheon, but I hadn't made any reconciliation with my parents. She told me " Why don't you stay in my house for one more day? It doesn't matter to me so you just stay here. Unfortunately, I have an appointment with my parents so I cannot stay with you today but feel at home as it's your own room." I was so sorry and thankful to her.

It's been almost two years since I met her. For two years, she was always kind, caring, truthful, and reliable. She is one of my dearest friends in this university and we didn't have any troubles yet. I think that's because we have so much things in common; almost same GPA, habits, life patterns, and personality. I appreciate precious memories with her and want to continue our relationship forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment