Monday, October 20, 2014

Jieun Kim/ the final draft/ tues 11-1

Unpredicted Love

           Even before I started going to Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, the whole school was going onto an orientation trip. I was very excited since it was the first time meeting people from our department and I was hoping to get to know a lot of friends and get closer.

           On the recreation time of the second day, we were supposed to do a talent show in groups, where we would dance, sing, or recreate a famous gag program. This is where I met this guy, Dong Hyeon Lee. His skin was a bit dark and he wore glasses. He was not that tall but neither was he small. He was very slim and he had a mischievous look on his face. I clearly remember him because his group mimicked a famous gag program and in the process, he ripped off his shirt. Not entirely, but I could almost see his belly. It was a visual shock. I never expected to see a part of another guy's upper body. And the feeling of surprise and shock was his first impression.

           However, as hours passed by, I found out that he seemed to be very humorous and he hung out with others very, very well. I envied him because I was so shy to hang out with others like him. His smile was like a bright sunshine. This was mainly because even though he did not look younger than his actual age, he laughed like a 7-year-old boy. His laugh was naïve and pure. It made other people laugh as well. Also, his fashion sense was incredible. Since, it was very cold and windy at that time, everybody was wearing jeans. However, he was the only one to wear shorts with red leggings underneath them. It would sound weird to hear that a person wore red leggings under shorts, but I never thought it was weird. Actually, he looked very fashionable. His group members constantly laughed at his jokes and he looked very proud of himself and confident.

           I really never thought that I would get close with him. However, surprisingly, he is now my boyfriend who I have been dating for over a year. He still laughs in a way that makes other people laugh as well. Also, he still sometimes wear weird but fashionable clothes that other people might question. However, everyday he says something to me in a soft, warm voice, "I love you and I will love you forever."  

No comments:

Post a Comment