Monday, October 13, 2014

Jieun Kim/Unpredicted Love/ Tues 11-1

Unpredicted Love

           Even before I started going to Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, the whole school was going onto an orientation trip. I was very excited since it was the first time meeting people from our department and I was hoping to get to know a lot of friends and get closer.

           On the recreation time of the second day, we were supposed to do a talent show in groups, where we would dance, sing, or recreate a famous gag program. This is where I met this guy, Dong Hyeon Lee. I clearly remember him because his group mimicked a famous gag program and in the process, he ripped off his shirt. Not entirely, but I could almost see his belly. It was a visual shock. I never expected to see a part of another guy's upper body. And the feeling of surprise and shock was his first impression.

           However, as hours passed by, I closely observed him and he seemed to be very humorous and he hung out with others very, very well. His smile was like a bright sunshine. This was mainly because even though he did not look younger than his actual age, he laughed like a 7-year-old boy. His laugh was naïve and pure. It made other people laugh as well. Also, his fashion sense was incredible. Since, it was very cold and windy at that time, everybody was wearing jeans. However, he was the only one to wear shorts with red leggings underneath them. It would sound weird if a person wore red leggings under shorts, but I never thought it was weird. Actually, he looked very fashionable. His group members constantly laughed at his jokes and he looked very proud of himself and confident.

           I really never thought that I would get close with him. However, surprisingly, he is now my boyfriend who I have been dating for over a year. He still laughs a laugh that makes other people laugh as well. Also, he still sometimes wear weird but fashionable clothes that other people might question. However, he tells me that he loves me very much in a soft, warm, hot chocolatish voice and I enjoy it very much.

2 comments:

  1. According to p. 90-91 peer response form:

    1. I think your boyfriend is a fashionable, humorous and sociable person.

    2. The reason why I thought like in question number 1 is that:

    -However, as hours passed by, I closely observed him and he seemed to be very humorous and he hung out with others very, very well.

    -Actually, he looked very fashionable. His group members constantly laughed at his jokes and he looked very proud of himself and confident.


    3. You described the person's appearance and behaviors.

    4. There was nothing I couldn't understand in your essay :)

    5. I think you chose to write about your boyfriend because you love him so much and he is one of the closest person (so you have lots of things to write about him)

    6. I enjoyed reading your essay! In my opinion, if you add direct quotations from him to let readers know more about his character, it would be much more interesting :)

    -Jihee Amy Won-

    ReplyDelete
  2. To: Ji Eun Kim From: Seon Hyuk Im

    1. He is a very humorous and fashionable guy.
    2. Mimicking famous gag program, red leggings, others constantly laughing at his jokes.
    3. You described his personality and fashion more than his physical appearance. But others also think he is very humorous, while you add in your personal comment as him being very warmhearted since he is your boyfriend.
    4. It was clear.
    5. He is her boyfriend.
    6. Does he have any specific physical features besides his fashion? (hair, beard, etc)

    ReplyDelete