Sunday, October 12, 2014

Suhan Lee/the First Draft/Tuesday 34

I met her in July last year. She was a newcomer to my church when I served as a leader of the newcomer's group. The first thing I got impressed was her name. Her name is Dream Choi which means dream itself and dedicating in Korean.

She looked more like a boy than a girl. She was a 170 centimeter-tall girl who had a short-cut hair and dressed like a boy. She said that she liked taking exercise such as soccer, riding a bicycle, and running. Also, she liked dancing(she is even good at!). At first, I thought we wouldn't get to be friends because it seemed to have in little common between us. Finally, however, we find something we both are interested in-Music.

She has lived in a local city, Ulsan. When she turned 21, she decided to come up to Seoul to study vocal music. It was such a great challenge for her because she was timid and has never left there until she was nineteen. But, her enthusiasm for music led her to throw herself into the unfamiliar, heartless-looking capital of Korea. Finally, she moved to Seoul in 2013.

Since she had no family or friends in Seoul, I decided to be a good friend to her to be devoted to my role of newcomer group's leader. I took her to go sightseeing every nook and cranny of the capital area. I remember the first day she took a subway train. Her eyes widened like a Chihuahua with wonder. Not only that, every place we went was a whole different world to her. The most wondrous experience she got was to go to the zoo. She said one of her lifelong dreams was to go to the zoo and see real giraffes with the naked eye. In her birthday, 13th June, I took her to the largest zoo in Korea. We got around the whole zoo until our feet got too swollen to walk. We saw giraffes, elephants, rhinoceros, snakes, and other countless number of animals. All day long, she looked delighted as if she was in the seventh heaven. Even now, she says it was the happiest day ever in her life.

Through these various experiences, we have gotten more and more intimate. I was told about her lifetime stories which she has never told anyone. A lot of unimagined sufferings and agonies in her youth made me surprised because she always looked happy and seemed just to enjoy her life without any adversities. As I thought of for the first few months, those who know her regard her as an always-happy or even sometimes mindless girl. However, now I know she is more considerate and mature than any other people around me. The more I know her, the dearer she becomes. Undoubtedly, she is the most valuable friend to me.

 

1 comment:

  1. To. Su Han Lee From. So-Eun Yoon
    1. Dream Choi is a girl from Ulsan who has child-like innocence and is passionate about music.

    2. First, She decided to come to Seoul to study vocal music.
    Second, her enthusiasm for music led her to throw herself into the unfamiliar, heartless-looking capital of Korea.
    Third, I remember the first day she took a subway train. Her eyes widened like a Chihuahua with wonder.

    3. a. She was a 170 centimeter-tall girl who had a short-cut hair and dressed like a boy.
    b. Not mentioned.
    c. She studies music.
    d. Those who know her regard her as an always-happy or even sometimes mindless girl.

    4. Nope. I could understand everything the writer has wrote.

    5 . The writer chose to write about this particular person because she is the most valuable friend to her.

    6. Can you give us an example of why you think your friend is a very considerate and mature person?
    What are some things she told you about her life that she's never told anyone else?


    ReplyDelete