Monday, October 13, 2014

Yujeong Suh/ First draft/ Tues 3-4

My Mother

 

           Every seven o' clock in the morning, the sound of washing rice wakes me up. That is how I get out of my bed every morning. When I get out of my bed, I can see a small and thin women cooking for breakfast. Her eyes are filled with sleeplessness but her hands are moving faster than anyone else because she is preparing for breakfast. For me, my mother has always been the start of my every day.

My mother is a person whom I have spent my time the most during my whole life. Whenever I arrived home from my school, she has always waited for me. Since my birth, my mother has been the most comfortable person I can talk to. She often goes shopping, go to groceries with me. It is totally ordinary routines but from those routines my mother and I become to share the same interest and experiences. During those routines, we chat each other from trivial things such as our family, my school to many other things. Therefore, my mother has always been my best friend.

My mother supports me. So far, I faced a couple of hardships throughout my life. In Korea, Suneng, the university entrance exam is one of the most important exams to most Korean students. Many Koreans believe that results of the exam can determine the life of students. So when I prepared for the exam, I got a lot of stress. I was unsure about my future. Many times, I wanted to give up but I did not. It was my mother who made so. Every time I was struggling my mother advised for me. For example, she said, "Whenever you want to give up everything, try to look at the forest not just the trees that are in front of you. And me and your father will always support you." Because there has been a true mentor and supporter, I could overcome my hardships in my life.

My mother has played many roles to me. She is a multi-player. She acts as a mother, best friend, mentor and many other roles. To me, my mother is the most perfect actress who can play every kind of roles. I love the actress.

2 comments:

  1. To Yujeong Suh From Han Gyul Kim
    1. She is a small and thin woman and also a supportive mother, best friend and mentor.
    2. 1) When I get out of my bed, I can see a small and thin women cooking for breakfast.
    2) My mother supports me.
    3) She acts as a mother, best friend, mentor and many other roles.
    3. A. What the person look like
    She is a small and thin woman.
    B. What the person says
    She said her, "Whenever you want to give up everything, try to look at the forest not just the trees that are in front of you. And me and your father will always support you."
    C. What the person does
    She supports the writer, and act as a mother, best friend, mentor and many other roles for her.
    D. What other people say about the person.
    Not mentioned.
    4. I had no trouble reading your writing.
    5. I think the writer wrote about her mother because she is her mother, best friend, mentor and also acts as many other roles. Also she is the one whom the writer has spent most time with.
    6. How does your mother look like? If you give more specific details about her appearance, it would be easier for readers to visualize her in our head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. writier's name: Yujeong Suh/ reader's name: Bo-won Kim/ Date: October 16th

    1. She is the writer's only actress who can play diverse roles such as mom, best friend and a supporter.

    2. Every time I was struggling my mother advised for me.
    During those routines, we chat each other from trivial things such as our family, my school to many other things.
    Her eyes are filled with sleeplessness but her hands are moving faster than anyone else because she is preparing for breakfast.

    3. what the person says: "Whenever you want to give up everything, try to look at the forest not just the trees that are in front of you. And me and your father will always support you."
    what the person does: When I get out of my bed, I can see a small and thin women cooking for breakfast.

    4. I could understand everything easily.

    5. I think it's because the writer's mom has been the huge influence throughout her life and will always be in a good way.

    6. What does she look like? Have you ever had a fight with her when you were a teenager?

    ReplyDelete