Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tsz Ching LEE / Ch.3 first draft / Tues 11am

The Another Part Of Me

 

After I finished a brief self-introduction in front of the class, my new class teacher held my hand and took me to an empty seat next to an Asian girl. "This is Teresa, she is the monitress of our class. She will be willing to help you out and I am sure you two will be good friends." My teacher introduced Teresa to me. It was our first meet. When I was 6, my whole family emigrated to England. I can hardly remember anything in my early childhood but this scene -- the first day I transferred to a new school.

 

Teresa was a smart, helpful and warm-hearted girl. "You are not alone." She said to me someday as she tried her best to help me adapting to my new school life. Her parents were from Hong Kong as well, but Teresa was born and brought up in England. Sometimes, her parents invited me to come to their house for dinner. We always stuck together to talk about our favourite food, songs, books, cartoons, and etc. Days by days, we became good friends. We spent most of our time together during 6 years of primary school, and 5 years of secondary school. "I wanna be a lawyer." She always told me. As I remember, we spent lots of time to talk about our dreams and future after we went to the secondary school. 

 

I wasn't clear about what do I want to be in the future. But Teresa seemed have a firm aim to achieve what she wanted to be. There is a saying "One takes on the colour of one's company." She studied very hard, as she wanted to get into the best law school in the future. Although I didn't have a specific goal to reach at that time, I was just affected by Teresa to study hard for the certificate examination. We almost studied everyday, and at the meantime, I found my goal is to be a translator. Fortunately, our hard working didn't let us down. Teresa got into the law school where she desired to go to, and the examination result was good enough to bring me back to Hong Kong for getting into the university translation department.

 

Teresa and me, we were being for witnessing the growth of each other these years. I am gratified that we share the same childhood and our growth through the years.  Even we didn't contact for years, I believe she is still there. Pursing dream isn't easy for sure, no matter facing good times or hard times, I will always believe that there is another friend on the another side of the world is still holding the faith and working hard for her dream like what I am doing.

 

Teresa, we are not alone. 

3 comments:

  1. Writer's name : Tsz Ching LEE / Reader's name : Suhan Lee / Date: Oct 15th

    1. Teresa is a diligent person who makes considerable efforts to reach her goal.

    2. - "I wanna be a lawyer." She always told me.
    - She studied very hard, as she wanted to get into the best law school in the future.
    -Teresa got into the law school where she desired to go to

    3. a. X
    b. "You are not alone."
    c. She said to me someday as she tried her best to help me adapting to my new school life.
    d. X

    4. Teresa got into the law school where she desired to go to, and the examination result was good enough to bring me back to Hong Kong for getting into the university translation department.
    -> I am confused whose "the examination result" is. It might be your, but it is unclear to me.

    5. I think the first impression of Teresa is very warm and grateful to the writer in such an unfamiliar environment. Also, Teresa has been one of the writer's strongst motivation to pursue her dream.

    6. What does Teresa look like? What is your the most valuable memory with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writer's name : Tsz Ching LEE / Reader's name : Bo-won Kim / Date: Oct 16th

    1. Teresa is a hard-working girl who has almost achieved her dream which is a becoming a lawyer.
    2. "I wanna be a lawyer." She always told me.
    She studied very hard, as she wanted to get into the best law school in the future.
    Teresa got into the law school where she desired to go to.

    3. What the person says: "You are not alone." She said to me someday ~.
    what the person does: She studied very hard~.

    4. Teresa and me, we were being for witnessing the growth of each other these years. -> I don't really get what 'being for witnessing the growth of each other means'. I assume it means that you guys haven't contacted each other for a long time.

    5. It's because Teresa is the person she grew up with, the time that she endured to achieve her dreams.

    6. what does Teresa look like? When was the last time that you contacted her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peer Response Form - Haeung Jung(201003223)

    1. Teresa is a writer's old friend who has affected writer's life.
    2. I was just affected by Teresa to study hard for the certificate examination.
    / We almost studied everyday / I found my goal
    3
    a. not checked
    b. check -I wanna be a lawyer
    c. check - she tried her best to help me adapting to my new school life
    d. not checked.

    4. Nothing. But I'd like to listen what you talked about future with Teresa.
    5. She has lots of memory with Teresa. And she affected her. That's ther reason why she chose this particular person.
    6. You wrote about the first moment meeting with Teresa. Then why don't you write about last time you meet with Teresa.

    ReplyDelete