Monday, October 13, 2014

Seon Hyuk Im / Ch.3 first draft / Tues 11am

Half of My Life

"Hi, my name is Devyn! You wanna be my friend?" Those were his first words to me. I was a transfer student, moving from a public school to a catholic school. "Yeah!" I replied. From that day on, we became best friends. It was in 4th grade, 2004 to be exact, 10 years old to be more exact, and my first friend since moving schools to complete this exactness. He and I are 20 years old now, and we've known each other for half our lives.

Devyn has dark brown skin. He has very short hair, since his job is in the military. He often wears simple black rectangular glasses, but sometimes he wears contacts. Since he had been training in the military, his body is fairly built, but he is very skinny so he just looks like a healthy person. He's kind of short, I'd say around 5'5. He also recently got into tattooing, so he has many tattoos on his body. He's a very bright friend, so he's smiling most of the time.

He's very bright. He likes to goof off, make his friends laugh, and have a good time. He's always talking, singing, or laughing. That's what I like about him the most. He's a very nice person to have around all the time; maybe except when you need to study for a test. He's a person who isn't athletic or talented, but always tries his best. He often speaks with his body than his mouth, to show that actions speak much louder and mean more than words.

Many people would agree with me that he is indeed, a great friend. His bright personality and his friendliness have made him a very popular person all throughout his life. I adore him for that, and I look up to him sometimes. He's currently on the opposite side of the world, in the States, and I miss him very much. He was like a brother to me.

2 comments:

  1. Gui Hwan Kim 201100278
    1. Devyn is a outgoing goofy friend currently enlisted in the military.
    2. He is always talking, singing ,or laughing. He likes to goof off... He often speaks with his body than his mouth, to show that actions speak much louder and mean more words.
    3.
    a. check - "Devyn has dark brown skin. He has very short hair..."
    b. check - "Hi, my name is Devyn! You wanna be my friend?"
    c. check - "...since his job is in the military."
    d. check - "Many people would agree with me that he is indeed, a great friend. "
    4. I don't quite understand the description of simple black glasses.
    5. I think the writer chose this friend because they are still good friends. Also I think the writer is proud his friend is serving for his country.
    6.
    What branch of military is your friend in and what MOS?
    When is the last time you saw your friend in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peer Response Form - written by Soohee Oh

    1. Devyn is a nice, funny friend whom the writer feels close to.

    2.
    - He's always talking, singing, or laughing.
    - but (he) always tries his best.
    - bright personality and his friendliness have made him a very popular person.

    3. The writer is using three methods out of four.
    What the person looks like
    -his body is fairly built, but he is very skinny
    What the person does
    - Since he had been training in the military.
    What the person says
    -"Hi, my name is Devyn! You wanna be my friend?"
    What other poeple say about the person
    -Many people would agree with me that he is indeed, a great friend.

    4. There was nothing I did not understand!

    5. I think the writer and Devyn have been firends for a long time and he likes this friend a lot for the bright personality and friendliness.

    6. In the next draft, the writer could talk about what his friend does or did before, more specifically, besides military training.

    ReplyDelete