Monday, October 13, 2014

Jang Sung Young/ ch.3 first draft/ tues 3-4

My role model

 

I would like to use this opportunity to talk about my father. Everybody has a role model, and if people ask about these role models they are usually people famous, such as a president or a successful CEO. To me, that role model is my dad. Actually, there was a time I also thought of a distant figure as my role model, but as I begin to understand the difficulties of everyday life and of what I am soon to be pressured to achieve, my dad has become a role model I can actually feel close to and build upon.

 

Since I was a little, kid people around me always said that I look exactly like my dad. I was always considered a 'boong-a-bbang(붕어빵)' to my father, and that included minor things such as how my nails looked or how my hair always reached for the sky after I woke up. I guess I was always glad about that fact as a kid, at least I wasn't adopted. I was truly my father's son. Because I was so alike my father, I was given the opportunity to compare myself to him, to think twice about my decisions before deciding.

 

One reason I think of my father as a role model is because I can build more from his life, his decisions, and his actions. I know his faults as much as I know of his successes, and I know his future intentions and plans. My father is in a director position in his company which he has worked for more than twenty years. At home he is playful and bright, but at work I hear he is very charismatic and serious. He rarely talks about work to me, but is never reluctant to give advice about work or study. He is never lazy in his studies even though he is in his mid 50s. He is very passionate on his Chinese studies these days. Sometimes he is high tempered, he doesn't like to wait in long lines or waste time on waiting in restaurants.

 

There are a lot words that can explain my father, but I believe passionate is a word that fits him. I try to work as hard as he does, but I guess I have a long way to go. I love him and admire him very much as I know how hard he works to keep our family happy and together. He is and always will be my role model.

3 comments:

  1. Peer Response Form - written by Soohee Oh

    1. The role model for the writer is his father whom he wants to learn from in many ways.

    2.
    - I know his faults as much as I know of his successes, and I know his future intentions and plans.
    - at work I hear he is very charismatic and serious
    - He is never lazy in his studies even though he is in his mid 50s.

    3. The writer is using three methods out of four.
    What the person looks like
    -my hair always reached for the sky after I woke up (the writer said he and his dad looks similar before this)
    What the person does
    -He is never lazy in his studies even though he is in his mid 50s.
    What other people say about the person
    - I hear he is very charismatic and serious (at work)

    4. There were not many things I did not understand!

    5. I think he wrote about his dad because his dad is one of the closest and most influential person to the writer.

    6. The writer could add some quotes from his dad. Also, he could include some more specific details about how his dad actually look like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writer's name : Jang Sung Young / Reader's name : Suhan Lee / Date : Oct 15th

    1. Mr. Jang's father is a passionate person who loves his family.

    2. - He is never lazy in his studies even though he is in his mid 50s.
    - He rarely talks about work to me, but is never reluctant to give advice about work or study.
    - I love him and admire him very much as I know how hard he works to keep our family happy and together.

    3. a. my hair always reached for the sky after I woke up.(same as his father)
    b. X
    c. He is very passionate on his Chinese studies these days.
    d. X

    4. Because I was so alike my father, I was given the opportunity to compare myself to him, to think twice about my decisions before deciding.
    -> I don't get what your decision is.

    5. Writer's father is his role model. He respects his father and wants to follow after him.

    6. What is your the most valuable memory with him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. To: Sung Young Jang From: Seon Hyuk Im

    1. His father is a very passionate person.
    2. He is very passionate in his Chinese studies; he has worked for 20 years; he is charismatic and serious at work
    3. I look exactly like my dad. (I think you need more details though)
    He doesn't say anything. Maybe giving advice is all he says?
    He studies even in his mid 50s.
    No other people's thoughts about him.
    4. It was a clear essay, lacking details though.
    5. His father is a role model to him.
    6. How does he look specifically? What are some of his habits?

    ReplyDelete