Monday, October 20, 2014

Jihee Won/ Final draft for ch.3/ Tues 11-1

Oh, my god! I finally got accepted! After one more year of studying, I became a freshman of Arabic department. And it was at a welcome party for freshmen that I first met my friend Jung-hyun. We only knew each other's phone number through an internet homepage for Arabic department freshmen of 2013. We – six friends including me and her- promised to meet in advance at school cafeteria before party starts. At first, I was a little bit afraid to meet new friends. Though we had lots of conversation through mobile messengers, we didn't see each other face to face! Anyway, few minutes after my arrival, I saw a girl approaching me and it was her. While waiting for others, we became friendlier because both of us were very talkative. When all of us met, we ordered pork cutlets for lunch and shared our expectations as a freshmen.

 

Jung-hyun and I were in same group during the party and we found a surprising thing in common. We were born on same day, March 31th!

"What a coincidence!" We screamed in a surprise!

 

Winter passed, and our first semester in HUFS began. At that time, Jung-hyun was the only one among five close friends of mine who lived in Imun-dong. She lived near school back gate. As it was our first semester, we got really tired after taking Arabic classes. Three hours of grammar classes were too sleepy! After class, we used to go her house and sleep until dinner time. Usually, she made dinner for us after nap. She was a good cook; especially good at making rolled omelets, noodles, and oil pastas. Also she prepared various kinds of foods which she invented. I can't remember names of her food but they were absolutely delicious!

 

She also loves reading comic books and watching dramas. Every time I visit her house, she is always watching new dramas that I didn't see before.

"You were watching Game of thrones last week, didn't you?"

"Yes, I was but I had finished it and now watching Attack of Titans since yesterday. Sit here and let's watch it together".

Though it was midterm examination period, she continued watching new dramas. We watched dramas for hours and slept until the alarm clock rang. Hearing the alarm, which was set to ring at 8pm, we got up and packed our bags. We headed to school library to prepare our exams. When I look back, sometimes I think spending hours like this during the exam period was not an appropriate behavior but I don't regret it because we really had fun!

 

There is a saying that "Joy is doubled and sadness is halved when shared". We were always together when we were having fun; however she was also next to me in my gloomiest times. Last winter, I had a big argument with my parents and without thinking where to go, I just stepped out of my house. I called her if it is ok to stay with. I didn't have any money in my pocket because I didn't get allowances from parents. Without hesitance, she said yes. When I arrived at her house, she already prepared meals for me. After dinner, she bought bottles of beer and we talked about my situation: why I had such a big argument with my parents. She listened without a word and made sincere comments for me. We watched a movie together and I felt more relaxed. The next day, she had to go back to her home in Incheon, but I hadn't made any reconciliation with my parents yet. She told me " Why don't you stay for one more day? It doesn't matter. I have an appointment with my parents so I cannot stay with you today but feel at home as if it's your own room." I was so sorry and thankful to her.

 

It's been almost two years since we met. She is still one of my best friends in this university and we didn't have any trouble yet. I think that's because we have so much things in common; almost same GPA, life patterns, and personality. I appreciate having such a nice friend and want to continue our relationship forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment