Monday, October 20, 2014

Yujeong Suh/ Cha.3 Final draft/ Tues 3-4

Final draft

201301616 Yujeong Suh 서유정

 

My Mother

 

             Every seven o' clock in the morning, the sound of washing rice wakes me up. That is how I get out of my bed every morning. When I get out of my bed, I can see a women cooking for breakfast. She has a small and thin body which resembles that of mine. Except, her height and weight, we have no similarities in the appearances. Over ten years, she has insisted on same hairstyle, fashion and makeup. She has a short haircut above her shoulders and wears a casual t-shirt with her worn-out jeans. One thing is that a few strands of gray hair are telling she is getting old. Still, her eyes are filled with sleeplessness but her hands are moving faster than anyone else because she is preparing for breakfast. For me, my mother has always been the start of my every day.

Whenever I arrive home from my school, she always waits for me. She always asks me, "How was your day with your friends? What have you learned in school?" When I was younger than now, I really hated those questions. I wondered why she asked those trivial and meaningless questions. It bothered me. So, when I was asked the questions, I usually just put my back up on her and ignored her. Despite my rudeness, my mother understood me. However, looking back on those days, I feel shameful. As I grow older, become an undergraduate and face the outer world, I realized that seldom people care me and give interest to me. No one asks those trivial questions that my mother asks to me. Other people are just busy with their own affairs. It is only my mother who always cares and pays attentions no matter how busy she is and how her feeling is. After those series of experiences, I now understand my mother and rather feel thankful to her. It is just the way she tried to communicate with me and understand more about me. Also, our conversations have mostly started with trivial and unnecessary things. So, now, when my mother tries to talk with me, I delightedly answer to her and even I start the conversation in first hand. Therefore, my mother is my best friend who understands me the most.

Throughout my life, I have encountered several hardships. Sometimes I failed at important exams, had trouble with my friends or did bad behaviors in schools. Sometimes, I cried, messed up everything and even blamed others for my faults. However, she has never scolded on me and criticized me. She has always respected me and listened to my words and opinions. She has not treated me as a child but as an equal human being with her. She has advised and mentored me, not ordered to me. This considerate characteristic of her influenced me a lot. Others might say that disciplines and sometimes punishments are needed to make children go on a right path. Actually several other mothers said "Your mother is too kind. If I were your mother, I would treat you tougher." However, I think my mother made a right choice in educating me. Her attitude toward me makes me trust her. It gives me impression that she is always honest when she treats me. It also affected how I confront other people in the world. I try to act as my mother when I face other people in schools and society. I try to listen and think at their point of view rather than forcing my view to them. Therefore, my mother is the best mentor, supporter and role model.

My mother is an ordinary housewife with her husband and two daughters. Just as most other housewives, she spends most of her day in her house with her family. She might seem not special to others. However, she is a woman whom I admire and love the most. My mother has played many roles in my life. She is a multi-player. She acts as a mother, my best friend, mentor and many other roles. If someone asks me who has influenced you the most throughout your life, I will answer that it is my mother. Although she just a small and thin lady, the effect that she has influenced is tremendous to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment