Monday, October 13, 2014

Byungwook Kim 201300476/ First Draft/ Tues34

Typing each letter out of unfathomable exasperation and frustration, the sharp staccato sound echoes in the silent room. Beside the newly designed Macbook Pro Retina Display, an old fashioned grey plastic stand lights an empty can of Redbull on the verge of falling to the ground. But even the disturbing crinkling noise of aluminum hitting the marvel floor fails to bring back my wayward attention back to the task at hand.

 

The desire for sleep is simply irresistible. The warm cozy bed behind me sings me a lullaby sweet enough to surrender my will. Rubbing my soaring eyes, I feel a sudden urge to deflower another can of Redbull, but decide to respect the rapid heartbeat of mine. Rather, I choose to open up a window on my right and embrace the chilly night breeze of early September on my skin.

 

Outside a window stands alone a tall streetlamp. Covered in a rectangular translucent glass box, a small light bulb reveals a dim outline of a young woman. Few minutes pass, but for some reason, I still stand by the window. However, in a split of a second, when all my interest seemed to have faded, I accidently witness a spark of a lighter.

 

"A lady and a cigarette at this hour…Well that's not a good sign" I murmur, slightly worried.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment