Sunday, October 19, 2014

Hye-In Jo / Ch3. Final draft / Tues 11 am

My elder sister

 

Her name is Su-in. She is 26 years old. Whenever I go out with her, we are often told that we look like friends, not sisters. What's worse, I'm almost always told that I look older than her. How sad it is! I always correct people's misconception, saying I'm three years younger than her. The reason why people think that way lies in the differences of our appearances. My sister has a long black hair with a bang with I have a long brown hair without a bang. She is smaller than me and she weighs more. She has a rounded face with big and round eyes and plump cheeks. Compared to her, I look sharp. And fashion styles are really different, too. I prefer to wear fancy clothes such as lace blouse and colorful skirt. But she likes simple designs and monotonous colors. To put it simple, she looks favorable, kind and agreeable while I look chic or cold.

When I was a preschooler and an elementary student, I was really selfish and rude. When my mom had me and my sister do an errand and go to a supermarket to buy things, I usually told my sister to hold a heavy shopping bag where all the groceries were put. But right before we opened the house door, I snatched the bag from her. After we entered the door, I lied to my mom that I held the shopping bag all the way from the supermarket. I was really wicked. Although she might have been really angry, she didn't scold me at all. She just did nothing. But things changed as we grew older. When I was 12 or 13 years old, she started to physically discipline me to punish my misbehavior instead of my mom. At that time, I was really hated her but after all, I learned what I was doing was a bad and rude behavior. And she made me a better person who is more considerate of others. And I thank her for transforming me.

Since I became an adult, she and I have become like friends. She no longer treats me like a spoiled child. She depends on me and I count on her. We talk with each other about everything such as our interests and our concerns, so much so that we often fall asleep late at night after hours-long heart-to-heart conversations. She is my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment