Monday, October 13, 2014

Gui Hwan Kim/ Chapter3 first draft/ Tuesdays 34

Friends without boarders

 

Having to move so often when I was young I never really had a true long lasting friend. Every time I made a close friend I moved to a new country. We promised to keep in though through email, but being so far away and living in two different places, contact through email did not last very long. It was frustrating and upsetting that I had no friend I knew for a very long time, but I am lucky to have this one friend.

           We used to go to the same high school. We are the same age, though she was grade lower than me. We knew each other existence for a while but were never really friends, but one day she was brave and asked we should hang out one day. From that day on Jasmine and I became very close friends. There were not that many people of the same age at our school which made us closer. She is one of my best friends.

           Jasmine is a very shy girl, but very passionate in what she wants to do in the future making her a very strong person. She always enjoyed playing competitive sports, which gave her a strong figure. She likes to show off her fashion items and dress posh. Her dream was to do study esthetics and open her own shop. Both her parents disagreed on her career decision. Her father owns a very big business in Korea and wanted her elder daughter continue the business, but Jasmine was certain in what she wanted to do. She went to study esthetics in college and worked part time at skin shops to gain experience. Her career goal never changed and worked hard for it. Eventually she opened her own shop in Korea and is now a young business owner.

           I am very proud of her for reaching her goal, but I am also thankful. During my first year of college in Canada, I was considering moving college, starting over in Korea. It was a tough decision, but one I wanted to make for various reasons. My parents invested a lot of money to me so that I can study abroad, but I wanted to give it all up and start over. Jasmine helped me get the thoughts together and make a decision. She told, we all have our goals and we both should go towards that goal despite whatever comes our way. She told me to be brave, just like she plans to be and be strong in making decisions.

           After leaving Canada, we lived in different countries for about two year. She eventually came to Korea to open her shop and now we are able to meet often. I eventually dropped out of my very first college and started all over in Korea. It is one the best decisions I have ever made. While making this decision I received advice from many people, but one person's advice still remains in my head today. Jasmine is a special friend to me and I hope to be friends for a very long time. 

2 comments:

  1. To. Gui Hwan Kim
    From. So-Eun Yoon

    1. Jasmine is a very considerate and passionate friend of Gui’s who helped him a lot in making an important decision of his life.

    2.
    (1). Jasmine is a very shy girl, but very passionate in what she wants to do in the future making her a very strong person.
    (2). Her career goal never changed and worked hard for it. Eventually she opened her own shop in Korea and is now a young business owner.
    (3). She told, we all have our goals and we both should go towards that goal despite whatever comes our way.

    3. (a) Not mentioned.
    (b) She told, we all have our goals and we both should go towards that goal despite whatever comes our way.
    (c) Eventually she opened her own shop in Korea and is now a young business owner.
    (d) Not mentioned.

    4. Nope, there was nothing I could not understand.

    5. He chose to write about Jasmine because she has influenced his life in many positive ways.

    6. I would like to know more about why you chose to leave your first college in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Gui Hwan Kim From Han Gyul Kim
    1. Jasmine is a shy but passionate and thoughtful friend to the writer.
    2. 1) Jasmine is a very shy girl, but very passionate in what she wants to do in the future making her a very strong person.
    2) Her father owns a very big business in Korea and wanted her elder daughter continue the business, but Jasmine was certain in what she wanted to do
    3) Jasmine helped me get the thoughts together and make a decision.
    3. A. What the person looks like
    Not mentioned.
    B. What the person says
    She told him that we all have our goals and we both should go towards that goal despite whatever comes our way. Also she told him to be brave, just like she plans to be and be strong in making decisions.
    C. What the person does
    She eventually came to Korea to open her shop.
    D. What other people say about the person
    Not mentioned.
    4. No, there was nothing that I couldn’t understand.
    5. I think he shoes her to describe because she is the best friend for him, and met her often recently.
    6. Could you give me a short description about her appearance?
    Which way did you use to keep in touch with her? E-mail?

    ReplyDelete