Monday, October 20, 2014

Lee Jong-ho / The final draft / Tues 3,4

When thinking of my friend, HS, I feel both gratitude and worry. I am grateful to him for being my good friend. I do not recall how we became friends. We were from the same highschool, and from a certain point of my memory we were friends. I have only a few friends, but I never picked one to have him for my friend. We became friends naturally as we spent our time together. That is how I make friends. HS makes me worry because, from what he says, his life is ruined. He still has a few semesters to go, grade low, not yet served in the military, nor has a job. He told me that he works part-time in an English class, but I do not think he puts a lot of effort in it.
He is a tall, skinny guy. I am that sort of person but he is even taller and even skinnier than me. Also, he doesn't have fat in the stomach, which I does…… I think that is because he plays sports but I do not. I cannot say that he likes to play sports, though. He does play soccer and basketball with other friends, but never called others to play sports with him. That is good to me because I hate to play sports. We play video games or drink together. But we do not share much part of our hobbies.
When we meet and talk, with alcohol most of the times, he always hear me and tell me many things. Though our opinions do not always match, it is nice to have someone to tell my worries and expectations. Oftentimes guys' talk just becomes a talk about girls. He always says that his goal of the life is to meet the prettiest woman. I do not think that is a stupid idea, but I do think that is an impossible one. He is too realistic to meet the prettiest girl. Unlike me, he always had a girlfriend. The thing is that he seems quite content with the relationships, and that is good for him. HS is a person who needs someone around him.
Recently he went to the boot camp. He, however, will not be serving in the military. He was chosen as the social service because of the record about his ankle. He got the surgery and tried multiple times to get selected as the social sevice. That is good for his ankle, but he wasted about a year for that. He is 26 now and when he serve in the social service, we will spend two more years. Sometimes I think he takes life too comfortably. He has plans but does not seem to be working on it. I really hope that he graduates before he is in 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment