Monday, October 13, 2014

Haeung Jung / Foreign friend (The first draft) / Tues 3-4

4 years ago, I visited Cuba. Everything was interesting, since Cuba was totally different from Korea such as culture, race, environments. One day, my friends and I came to pub, and drank Cuban beer named 'Bucanero'. Across our table, there was a girl looked like doll. I mean beautiful girl. She had a big eyes and long straight black hair. She was not tall. So she looked like middle school students. I came to her table and talked with her. Her name was Hany Hung and 2years older than me. She said she was very interested in the orient. So she asked many questions about Korea and China. She gave a talk about Cuba. According to her, there were many beggars in Cuba. The only way to be well off is to study hard in Cuba. So she advised me to study hard several times. About 9 O'clock, I exchanged phone numbers and parted with her.

  2 days later, I called her and she invited my friends to her house. So we visited Cuban house. We were so surprised at her father's appearance. Because he looked like Asian. She told about history about her family. Her grandfather was Chinese and he immigrated to Cuba. That's the reason why her father looked like Asian. Hany's family members were interested in Asia. There were many pictures written in Chinese.

  After coming back Korea, I still contact with her. She usually told her vacation and pet she has raised. Then I wrote my story about Korea and my school life. It's so great and fantastic to have a foreign friend. I hope we contact periodically like now.

 

2 comments:

  1. 201301616 Yujeong Suh

    1. Write one sentence to sum up what this person is like.
    - Hany is a beautiful Cuban girl who has beem friend with the writer from their first meet.
    2. List three details from the essay that support your sentence in step 1.
    - Across our table, there was a girl looked like doll.
    -
    - It's so great and fantastic to have a foreign friend.
    3. Put a check next to each of the methods below (a-d) that the writer uses to reveal the person's character. For each method that you checked, give one example from the essay.
    - What the person looks like: Across our table, there was a girl looked like doll. I mean beautiful girl. She had a big eyes and long straight black hair. She was not tall.
    - What the person says: She said that she had an interest in Eastern cultures.
    - What the person does: She talked with writer on their first meet and became a friend of the writer.
    4. Were there any things in this essay that you did not understand? If so, what were they?
    - She invited my friends to her house: Did she only invited your friend? or is it both your friend and you that was invited?
    5. Why do you think the writer chose to describe this particular person?
    - I think the writer chose to describe Hany because as the writer mentioned, the experience with Hany was wonderful and Hany and the writer have become fantastic friends to each other.
    6. Write one or two questions about the person described in this essay that you would like the writer to answer in the next draft.
    - I think it will be better if you describe the conversation of you and Hany more detaily (ex. you can write some dialogues that you or she said.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My foreign friend

    201003223 Haeung Jung

    Hi my dear friend, I feel really happy when you tell me that you are the new leader of bicycle club’s, I hope you spend a great time on your vacation, these always make the life better and you now new things about other parts of the world, I think you are very relaxing now because you finish the military service that’s a great notice, well my friend, be happy, I keep you always in my heart. Please write me for me is important your sincerely letter, your Cuban friend.
    HUNG

    This is a letter from my long-time friend. I have contacted with her through e-mail for 4years. It’s very exciting to send and get an e-mail with her. 4 years ago, I visited Cuba. Everything was interesting, since Cuba was totally different from Korea such as culture, race, environments. One day, my friends and I came to pub, and drank Cuban beer named ‘Bucanero’. Across our table, there was a girl looked like doll. I mean beautiful girl. She had a big eyes and long straight black hair. She was not tall. So she looked like middle school students. I came to her table and talked with her. “Hi, my name is Haeung Jung from Korea. Nice to meet you.” Then she said “Oh, hi, I’m Hany Hung. I love Asian culture. Nice to meet you, too.” She was 2years older than me. She said she was very interested in the orient. So she asked many questions about Korea and China. She gave a talk about Cuba. According to her, there were many beggars in Cuba. The only way to be well off is to study hard in Cuba. So she advised me to study hard several times. About 9 O’clock, I exchanged phone numbers and parted with her.
    2 days later, I called her. “Hany, how’s it going?” “Fine, Haeung, My family wants to see you and your friend. Why don’t you come to my home?” she invited my friends to her house. So we visited Cuban house. We were so surprised at her father’s appearance. Because he looked like Asian. She told about history about her family. Her grandfather was Chinese and he immigrated to Cuba. That’s the reason why her father looked like Asian. Hany’s family members were interested in Asia. There were many pictures written in Chinese. I could feel something familiar. I felt we could be a good friend.
    After coming back Korea, I still contact with her. She usually told her vacation and pet she has raised. Then I wrote my story about Korea and my school life. Looking back, I ran into her. I didn’t know we’ve contact for 4 years. But we have. It’s so great and fantastic to have a foreign friend. I hope to contact with her forever like now.

    ReplyDelete