Monday, November 10, 2014

Yujeong Suh/ Cha4 Final draft/ Tues 3-4

The Hidden Place

201301616 Yujeong Suh

 

I used to live in the forest of apartment buildings. Wherever looking around, I was surrounded with packs of matches which were ready to pierce through the sky. All those buildings were identical in size, form and design. It seemed as if no other types of buildings were allowed. The place could be characterized as tall, big and gray. However, even among this severe atmosphere, there was a place of safeness and peace.

It was near a playground I often played in elementary days. However, for years, never had I noticed and heard about the place. One day, one of my friends swore a bad word to me and it resulted into a serious fight with her. My face turned into a pure reddish kettle that was about to peak a hundred Celsius and to boil. I needed to steam out my rage to turn my reddish face into a normal status. So, I turned back, dragged the steps and ran fiercely to erase all the memories and thoughts of my friend. Finally, about several minutes later, I arrived to a place where I hadn't been before.

The place was surrounded with moist moss, unfamiliar blue green leaves and curly trunks. The overall mode was colored with blackish dark but lights from the sunset came to harmonize with the darkness and to clear my vision. Due to the scattered leaves all around the place, the temperature was cool enough to get rid of the hot summer. I could also smell some moist came out from the trees. And there were a brown bench which was almost broken apart. But still, it provided me a room to sit and rest. It was quite place where all the shouts and screams from children slowly fade away.

             However, it was not the nature nor the bench that made the place special. The thing was that it was a perfect place for me to be alone. The day I fought with my friend, I set in that shaking and unstable bench for hours. There was no need to pay attention to how others might think or see me because I was alone. I could only focus on my own emotion and arrange my thoughts. After several hours, I got out of the place and could manage myself and my emotion. I could be calm and control my anger. Few people recognized and visited the place since looked from outside, it was just a dirty and should-be-developed place, not attractive at all. No one tried to come here and pay attention to the place. From the day, the place became my hideout where I could be lone not bothered by others.

             The place usually functioned as my secret mission place. Whenever the time I came to the place, I even did not tell my mother whom I always told truth. I just made up the words like, "Mom, I have to do a group assignment with my friends". My mom allowed me to go because I seldom lied to her so she trusted me. I wanted the place to be my own one that no one else could touch. When I felt gloomy, I came here. I came here to murmur, grumble myself and to blame others own my own. I did not want others to see my cowardice. Also, when I tried to do something shameful, I came here. Even I was completely safe from others scary attention, I cowered my shoulder and body due to the guilt penetrating through my heart.

             Looking back, the place gave shelter to my shame. I exposed my shameful feelings like anger, sadness and showed shameful behavior like lying in the place. The place and I shared the secrets that no one else even my mother did not know. My family moved to another town so I could no longer visit the place. However, the feelings and experiences that I had shared with the place live forever in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment