Monday, November 10, 2014

Choi Yun/Second Draft/Tues 34

Crying Rock

The bright moon sits down on the shallow lake where I could even see the pebbles and carp in it. The tranquil water reaches to the lakeside, which is lined with knee-high water plants. The scent of the grass on the riverbank wafts through the air and tickles my nose. A huge rock between water plants hangs over the lakeside, letting me to climb aboard it. It is a beautiful place indeed which is one of the most favorite haunts of many romantic couples, however, to me, it is a place where I can lean in hard times. Although I did not visit there nowadays, but I used to go there once.

About a year ago, I was just a common third grade who wanted to enter one of the most prestigious universities. But it was especially hard for me since I had spent overly long stormy period of adolescence unlike the smart students. The difference between grades was significant. To catch up with those competitors, I did not have 5 hours' sleep in two years. I studied at a reading room until the closing time, 2 a.m, slept at three, and woke up early in the morning. And my radius of action was the school and home only. My daily routine like a treadmill did not changed without any exception. As if rewarding my strong will and great efforts, I achieved remarkable development of my grades. However, this ascending current was not stable. Since my life at that time was all about studying, my fluctuating academic grades completely dominated my emotion.

One day I totally messed up a mock, and I could not suppress my feelings and could not devote myself to studying. It was necessary for me to find something that could divert me. But I could not find what to do, so I walked on as fancy led one without any other choice. My feet led me to the one and only lake in where I live. I walked and walked again around the lake, fighting back my tears. Then the rock appeared in front of me and I mindlessly went it up. The sight over the rock was so beautiful that I could not help but burst into tears. Staring the moon shaping an imperfect circle, I felt a sense of kinship. Both of us were failing to achieve their own dream. The imperfect moon was pouring its soft light. The moonlit embraced me by the way that even my mother could not. The chirping of crickets seemed that they were crying, sympathized with my sorrow. The chilly wind made me adjust my dress, helping me not to be caught by the people passing by that I was crying. After I discovered the rock, I invariably went to see my rock and cried in front of him, not only whenever I got terrible grades but also whenever I was in trouble.

I had spent a great deal of time with the rock. The rock was a fine man indeed who stood by me whenever I needed. He was someone who understood me without a word. He was also very dependable like a condemned criminal, holding his tongue until his death. Thanks to the rock in the lake, I could go through such a difficult and heart wrenching time.

 

1 comment:

  1. What I like about your writing is that you have a intriguing title

    Yes

    She first used sight for every part of her essay. But however, there is actually nothing besides one sensory description.

    The mood of the story is very sad and subtle.

    I think the writer chose this place as it contains lots of memory.

    She can improve her essay by thinking of better collocation.

    ReplyDelete