Saturday, November 1, 2014

Na Shil Hwang/ First Draft Chp 4 / Tues 11

The View

Every weekday morning, students young and little will busily scurry their feet toward their classrooms far and close. The smell of the fresh cool air before the rise of sunshine is one of the best things to breathe in before first period. It is obvious, this place is a school one of the places where a cluster of memories are hidden between hidden and exposed areas of this academic facility. Ever since I was seven years old, I had attended this school and an enormous amount of thoughts and recollections remain since then. However if I were to choose the first place to visit if I ever went back, it would not be the classrooms, the swimming pool, the auditorium, or the gym. I would first of all visit this place, an area without a particular name, but where everyone could see the outspread landscape of Manila.

The last time I went was a couple years ago, and as always, in this cliff top, many things happen and even many students were there. Everything was as I remembered, nothing had changed from my memory. I was able to start the day by looking down from this place and enjoying the view of Manila from it. Not only that, Manila had nt seem to change at all. What I would always see on top of all the buildings and constructions, was a fog, a greyish white fog that always presided especially in the early mornings where the sun was not at its fullest shine.

I was able to admire this started from my middle school years. On the back of the view, there was the gym and below the gym were the locker rooms. Every time I had PE, I was able to enjoy the view of Manila while before and after changing for class. Standing at the edge of the hill, where the landscape can be seen was always view unforgotten. I never felt sad or frightened here, every time I was able to see the wide space around me, I felt relieved. If I was stressed, upset, or sad, going to this area made me change my feelings. Looking at the world around me at a faraway point of view, I could smell the calming breeze and taste the chilling air. It was like mint, a soothing feeling.

The best thing about this place was not only its view in the morning. When I had chances to go to it at night, I could enjoy the night scenery everywhere. One of its special features, on the 31st of December, this place was the best place to look at firecrackers from afar and admire them. Another feature was that, this place was not only a cliff where I could see Manila, but I could also see the field 20 meters down below. The best view of sports games, soccer, rugby, and more sports was from this cliff top. I would most definitely recommend this place if anyone wanted to see Manila from the outskirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment