Monday, December 8, 2014

Haeung Jung / Interview with Jeenie at Room number 303(Final draft) / Tues 3-4

Globee dorm building, Room number 303! Last year I went there every day, it's my club's room. I went to Turkey on cycling trip last year with my club members. We usually met there. So it was like my room. But this year, due to many other things, I could not visit there. After a long time, I came to the room. There were many bikes and helmet. It was as same as last year. Many posters about bicycle trip were put on the wall. I had a time to look around club room and waited my friend. Before long, Jeenie came. "Hi, Haeung! How are you?" "It couldn't be better. What about you?" "It sounds great. me? just so, so." She is also my club member. In my memory, she was so energetic and powerful girl. But today, she looks little bit tired. "What's going on?" "Umm, it's little bit difficult to get a job nowadays. I just missed the time when I went to Morocco on cycling trip."

 In 2011, she went to Morocco with her team members. At that time I served military service. So I could not join the trip with her. After finishing military service, I read the book her team wrote and saw the video they recorded. But I really wanted to listen real story about trip from them. "What is the most unforgettable memory in the trip, Jeenie?" "Umm, there were so many incidents, and all the things I can't forget. But most unforgettable memory is riding bicycle on desert." "Wow, desert?" "Yeah, we rode bicycle on the desert for a few days, I couldn't see any building and people. We hesitated to give up several times. But we made it. When we arrived the city, I thought I was alive, haha!" She was so excited to tell about her trip.

 She suddenly showed the book they wrote after travel. There were many pictures about Morocco. In the book, I found the picture about KOTRA. "Did you visit KOTRA in Morocco?" "Yes, we visited there, and went on a field trip in Morocco. Thanks to the experience, I got to be interested in economics and trade. My dream is to be an expert in this area." "I hope your dream comes true." On the backside of book, there were picture of Morocco team members. I asked to her. "Do you still contact with your team members?" "Sure, we sometimes meet each other. But two members went to America as exchanged students. Next year, all members will come Korea. So we are going to meet all members next year. I hope to see them." Turning a page of book, she said "You asked me the unforgettable memory. On second thought, that is people, my team members. We spent 50days together and struggle together. Sometimes we fought but we did everything together. The people, my members are the present I gained from travel." Two hours went by, she laughed and gave me a book as a present. "Thank you Jeenie, it's so great gift for me." "Ok, nice to see you. bye!"     

When I came to my home, I started to read the book she gave. Reading the book, I recalled my travel on Turkey and my team members. We also spent more than 2 months, and did everything together. Some of my team members serve military service and some of them are foreign countries as an exchanged student. I suddenly miss them. Tonight I'm going to write some letters to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment